rescue boot

Jamie Zawinski jwz at jwz.org
Wed Nov 17 10:44:19 UTC 2004

Peter Backlund wrote:

> What about the ~70 meg rescuecd.iso? It fits on a CD/RW, and as the name
> implies, it can be used for system recovery.

Well, I didn't try that one, because in the past with RH, I remembered
being able to just type "linux rescue" and get a shell right away!
And the FC2 boot CD offers "rescue" as one of its options in the banner.

Maybe you don't care that the boot CD isn't a rescue CD, but in that
case, having it offer an option that says "rescue" is perhaps not the
clearest way to communicate that.

--
Jamie Zawinski
jwz at jwz.org             http://www.jwz.org/