Addition : Ink Level

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Wed Nov 24 07:28:54 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-11-23 at 18:08 -0500, Colin Walters wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-11-23 at 22:55 +0000, David Woodhouse wrote:
> > On Tue, 2004-11-23 at 12:09 +0000, Hughes R Mr (UG - Electronic Eng)
> > wrote:
> > > I currently have no way of checking my
> > > ink level (for a epson printer) in FC3
> > > without compiling and installing other
> > > programs such as epsutil.
> >
> > I'd settle for my father's laptop even being able to view the print
> > queue on the remote CUPS server.
>
> An icon should appear in the notification area when you print and
> monitor the status of your print jobs.  Does this not work for you?

On _remote_ CUPS queues? I haven't had that working. Even 'lpq' doesn't
show me the jobs once they've been sent to the server.

I'm almost to the point where I'm going to throw out cups and install
ppr for him. That can also handle feedback from printers, so tell you
about postscript errors, tell you precisely how many pages are actually
sitting on top of the printer instead of telling you your job is done
when it's still actually printing, etc.

--
dwmw2