[rant] Re: vmware and udev

Wed Nov 24 08:59:18 UTC 2004

Le mardi 23 novembre 2004 à 17:29 -0500, Phil Schaffner a écrit :
> On Mon, 2004-11-22 at 18:13 -0500, Sean wrote:

> > If there are enough people worried about one or more binary blobs,
> then an
> > independent support-community should be easy to organize which
> > wouldn't
> > need assistance from those who are completely uninterested in such
> > efforts.
>
> >From the number of VMware-related messages on various Fedora lists, a
> substantial subset of Fedora people seem to be interested in it as a
> useful tool or as a test environment.  I'd count myself as one of those.

Then let them set up their own community.
I am interested in Java on FC & RHEL.
I understand large parts of Java code will never end up in FC due to
dubious SUN licensing decisions.
I've helped set up a separate project (JPackage.org) to add a closed
Java layer to FC. Today as free Java improves large parts of the project
find their way in FC proper.

See ? No need to harass RedHat people all year round.
If you don't like FC rules *and* have no wish to spent some time fixing
your problems, FC is not for you.

--
Nicolas Mailhot