vmware and udev

Greg KH greg at kroah.com
Thu Nov 25 00:33:46 UTC 2004

On Fri, Nov 19, 2004 at 11:01:06AM -0800, Denis Leroy wrote:
> On a more general note, is there any sort of communications between Red
> Hat people (who have phones on their desk) and the very few companies
> that do groundbreaking linux support (Nvidia, VMWare, ...) as far as
> release schedules and support for new kernel features ? Just asking...

No need, those companies all know exactly where to find the kernel and
other linux developers, we don't hide anywhere.  If they want to work
with us, we are availble.  There is no responsibility for us to go seek
out them if they don't want to work together in the first place.

In short, don't blame the Fedora/kernel developers, blame the companies
who are not participating in the open development process.

thanks,

greg k-h