missing posts

Matthew E. Lauterbach mlauterbach at mail.wtamu.edu
Sat Nov 27 02:12:47 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-11-27 at 00:49 +0000, David Woodhouse wrote:
> Bounces from mailman aren't actually sent as bounces -- they have a
> non-empty reverse-path. Could it be that your mail routing for the
> addresses in question are different? Can you receive _any_ mail from
> @redhat.com addresses to that address? The redhat.com domain is
> currently publishing a bogus SPF record which asks people to throw away
> valid mail. If anything in your receiving path is checking SPF, you
> should ask them to stop.

The first time I tried was from this address from which I receive
fedora-devel-list at redhat.com and amd64-list at redhat.com messages
continually.  I have also in the past used this address successfully to
receive fedora-list at redhat.com and fedora-test-list at redhat.com messages.
I have never had any problem with subscribing to, receiving from,
posting to, or unsubscribing from any list.  The only problem is not
getting bounces when I am dumb and try to post to a list that I am not
currently subscribed to.  I thought this was standard behavior for the
@redhat.com lists.

I don't believe that our mail servers are checking SPF or doing any sort
of spam blocking.  I have no idea why I'm not getting them, but if you
are receiving them it must be a problem somewhere on my end.  I
appreciate your willingness to help and explain even this trivial issue.
I will check things out on my end, but I do not want to drag this thread
further off-topic.

Matthew E. Lauterbach