Re: xorg crashes

This probably only happens with 3d screensavers, you don't happen to habe a i8xx onboard card?

Anyways you xorg is ancinet, get the latest from rawhide and try that.

Regards,

Hans

Carlos Rodrigues wrote:
Denis Leroy wrote:

I've seen this happen when the screensaver is in random mode and
occasionally launches a screensaver plugin that uses xorg hardware
acceleration. If you have a poorly supported or misconfigured card, it
might crash the kernel. Check your screensaver, try all available
plugins...

-d

It is the sceensaver, however everything is ok when it comes to configuration, nothing changed except the updates and I never seen this happen before. Also, the kernel doesn't crash, only X does.

Carlos Rodrigues

-- EuropeSwPatentFree http://EuropeSwPatentFree.hispalinux.es