Re: RPM specfiles for commercial packages?

--On Friday, October 01, 2004 1:01 PM -0500 Jason L Tibbitts III <tibbs math uh edu> wrote:

So far I've done Matlab R14sp1, Mathematica
5, the PGI compiler suite and RealPlayer.  (OK, RealPlayer was already
an RPM but doing everything in a postinstall script is pretty nasty.)

How do others handle patches? I use Lugaru Epsilon (http://www.lugaru.com/) and each patch shows up as a new package that can be applied to any previous version within a major version branch. But I don't think there's much prereq stuff enforced. And a lot of work is done in %post to set up symlinks in /usr/local/bin and install the .info file.