Re: xorg crashes

Hans de Goede wrote:
This probably only happens with 3d screensavers, you don't happen to habe a i8xx onboard card?

It also happens with every OpenGL app that I try, but in this case X just blows the screen away, I can't even see the console (vesafb) and most times the machine freezes hard (when xcreensaver kicks in it just dies and goes back to GDM).

And I have a nvidia card using the nvidia drivers (with the "up until now" record of flawless stability, I haven't even seen X crash for any reason for two years on this machine).

Anyways you xorg is ancinet, get the latest from rawhide and try that.

Well, I could certainly do that, but I prefer to stick to the Fedora updates stream on this box in the hopes of avoiding some of the instability of the development branch, but I guess I got bitten anyway...

Carlos Rodrigues