Re: xorg crashes

On Sat, 02 Oct 2004 16:29:13 +0100, Carlos Rodrigues
<carlos efr mail telepac pt> wrote:

> In the end, I don't really know who to blame. "nvidia-installer
> --sanity" does not complain about anything else than the libGL symlink
> (which xorg wrongly breaks) but it still requires a reinstall to work.
>
> I will not close this bug because the symlink thing is still a bug in
> the xorg package (IMHO), but the rest I guess can't be pointed at xorg
> for lack of information."

Maybe you can consider installing the nvidia drivers through yum, I
found this way safer and easier. At least what you get is a package
that is (or should be) consistent with the rest of the system, so
updates are not supposed to break the configuration.