How to package with mime registering?

Hi,

FC3 is out soon. I'm packaging a program for fedora extras, which should
register itself for the new mime system under FC3/Gnome2.8. So,
update-desktop-database should be included in the spec file for FC3, but
not for FC1 and FC2. How to make the packaging? Should I prepare a
different srpm for FC3? Or including some if statement?

Zoltan