Totem/GStreamer and Fedora

Matthias Saou thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net
Thu Oct 7 10:35:15 UTC 2004

Alexander Larsson wrote :

> I updated rawhide to the latest gstreamer and gstreamer-plugins (not
> pushed yet) and built a package for totem. All required rpms are at:
>
> http://people.redhat.com/alexl/RPMS/totem/
>
> Can people test this and see if it works well?

I'm glad to see some interest in this too, as if totem gets into FC3 (and I
really hope it will!) and even though it'll be a bit limited by default
(like xmms and rhythmbox), adding video playback support for many popular
formats will only require gstreamer plugins and their dependencies, which
is just about as far as Fedora Core can go patent-wise.

Matthias

Fedora Core release 2.91 (FC3 Test 2) - Linux kernel 2.6.8-1.541.dell
Load : 0.46 0.35 0.28