Re: gnome-volume-manager blank CD defaults

> On Fri, 08 Oct 2004 13:50:45 -0400, David Zeuthen <david fubar dk> wrote:
> > Corner case: consider plugging in a USB2 harddisk enclosure with three
> > partitions on - do we really want three new Nautilus windows popping up
> > by default? Personally, I'm not convinced we want that.
>
> What about storage devices with exactly one partition?
> What about data cds?

Or even Photo CD's, see http://www.disctronics.co.uk/technology/cd-
rom/photocd.htm for some background (question: do we have applications
to generate Photo CD's?)

> Is there room for the multiple partition case for a choice dialog?
> What do you think of the photo importing dialog we have now as an
> example of a choice dialog? When i plugin a compact flash card in my
> reader that has a dcim directory
> the photo importer script notices and asks if i want to open the photo
> importer or if I want to browse the card's filesystem. Is this dialog
> approach acceptable for the multiple partitioned drive case?

I think these are good questions to consider for FC4 (and perhaps even
doing it upstream in gnome-volume-manager for GNOME 2.10), but right now
it's probably not a too good idea change the defaults too much for FC3
considering that test3 is out soon and after that it's the final. That's
my opinion anyway.

Cheers,
David