Re: gnome-volume-manager blank CD defaults

On Fri, 08 Oct 2004 11:43:54 -0400, "Bryan Clark" <bclark redhat com>
said:

> Popping up the filemanager, especially since burn:// is just a blank
> window isn't the best thing to do either.  What we should work on is
> improving our CD burning interface so it's not so bare.

This may be complete crack, but just in case... It occurred to me that
the burn:// window is a completely blank area that the user will
automatically look at when it appears.   If you put an icon and/or a
line of text as the window background then the user can be cued as to
what to do next without introducing anything else to the interface.
"Drop files here to write them to CD" in soft grey, for example.

--
Stuart Ellis
s ellis fastmail co uk