No direct rendering with booting init 5

Herbert Rutledge train at voicenet.com
Sun Oct 10 05:22:18 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-10-09 at 22:18 -0400, Louis Garcia wrote:

> I mentioned this before, when booting in init 5 I don't get direct
> rendering support with my radeon 7500. However when I boot in init 3 and
> startx direct rendering is present. I've tried to search bugzilla with
> no luck. Is anyone else seeing this?

I'm seeing something similar, but not quite the same.

This is with a Radeon 9000, not a 7500, also not quite the same.

If the box is rebooted, it comes up in init 5 without direct rendering.

If, however, the user executes a log out and then logs back in, direct
rendering is enabled.

This is with kernel 2.6.8-1.603smp and xorg-x11-6.8.1-4.  Direct
rendering as reported by glxinfo.

You want to file the bug report, or should I do it?

-train