Default browser of FC3?

Sindre Pedersen Bjordal foolish at fedoraforum.org
Sun Oct 10 19:22:30 UTC 2004

If the user has a preference, the user is capable of opening the
"preferences" and change the settings. It's what's best for the users
who doesn't have a preference that should be the default setting.

I suggest someone do some simple and unofficial usability testing on
browsers. If such tests exists, point me to the results. Is epiphany
easier to use for the new computer user? Is it easier for the windows
user?

Personally I believe that epiphany is the better choice for default
browser. It's simpler, it's integrated in the desktop environment and it
has bookmarks that doesn't work like files. To most people, files and
folders doesn't make sense anyway.

Epiphany does have it's rough edges, but most of the issues people are
having with epiphany is that it's not working like <insert name of
random browser here>. If you want some other browser, that browser (in
most cases) is available.

Again, users with preferences are capable of selecting their preferences
either during install or right after. The defaults should be directed at
the users without preferences.

--
Sindre Pedersen Bjordal <foolish at fedoraforum.org>
www.fedoraforum.org