Re: thunderbird, IMAP, and STARTTLS

On Sun, 2004-10-10 at 21:47, Alexander Dalloz wrote:

[snip]

> Which IMAP server offers IMAP/TLS on port 143?

  Well, specifically I'm talking about STARTTLS, not just plain old
TLS.  I'm using Cyrus-Imapd, but I'm sure it's not the only IMAP server
that supports it.  If you look in the account setup for evolution IMAP
accounts, you see the option "Whenever Possible" as one of the choices
for 'Use secure connection (SSL):'.  That uses port 143, but negotiates
the TLS connection with STARTTLS.

--
-Paul Iadonisi
 Senior System Administrator