Re: python2.2 -> python2.3

Alan Milligan wrote:
Around a year ago, we took a decision to create our own RH9-based distro
(https://rpm.last-bastion.net) focused upon our Python/Zope/Plone business.

This firmly requires python2.3, and we went to much effort to remove all
2.2 dependencies in the code base.

Since that time of course, Fedora has come along and has gained much
support and is progressing phenominally with wide community
participation and acceptance.

We'd very much like to get our changes integrated into Fedora Core.
Please inform me (on or off the list) how we can most effectively profer
our patches for the community (and how we can be involved in shaping
future Python direction).

For most cases it is already too late (unless you want to target FC4). We can still accept fixes if they are critical or obviously good fixes. Please file one Bugzilla report per issue and CC me, and I will sort through them.

Warren Togami
wtogami redhat com