Default browser of FC3?

Tue Oct 12 07:55:10 UTC 2004

Le lundi 11 octobre 2004 à 23:46 -0700, Jon Savage a écrit :

> Actually a neat browser <but> one of the reasons I prefer Firefix is
> its modular nature, If I wanted to install Mozilla well then I'd
> install the whole monolithic shebang wouldn't I?

Actually since Epy lacks even basic features like text zoom with mouse
wheel it's not in my browser list anymore. I've spent enough time
battling NS4 to get decent wheel support without doing the same with the
next generation of browsers (especially since every other browser
available - galeon, firefox, moz, konqueror, ie and probably opera
support it decently)

I suppose Epy devs all have a laptop and wouldn't care less about normal
desktop users with more advanced pointer systems. It's a real shame Epy
was made the official Gnome/Fedora browser almost at once - other Gnome
projects learnt to try harder because they had to fight to get this
status.

Cheers,

--
Nicolas Mailhot