Re: APM/ACPI on ThinkPads [ SOLVED ]

On Tue, 12 Oct 2004, Philip Balister wrote:

> I built the kernel (from the 521 rpm) adding the radeonfb-4g patch from:
> http://www.loria.fr/~thome/d600/ and changing the config so radeonfb was
> bult in (not a module). I added the patch to the specfile and used
> rpmbuild -bp to configure the source (also edited the i686 config file)

I tried the 607 kernel on both the 600E & T40 - and both APM & ACPI
issues are solved now.

With my brief testing - APM works as before. With ACPI the biggest
issues was me being a 'clueless user'.  The key-binding for
'Recover-from-suspend' from 'power switch' to 'Fn'-key - and I assumed
ACPI breakage.

However ACPI-sleep still consumes lot more power than APM sleep - this
would be an upsteam issue.

I gess the radeonfb-4g patch isn't required for T40 with ATI-9000

Satish