Re: I20 disk driver, etc.. Should I use?

Hello,

Bob Gustafson wrote:
I noticed that my current disk drivers are deprecated - use I20...
I ran across a note a FAQ and a HOWTO on installing i20 disk driver
support. I think I have a compatible SCSI adapter and disks.
I guess the big questions are:

1) will I get any benefit from using i20 (i.e., faster, safer, more disk
fail info, etc.)

There are some benchmarks on http://i2o.shadowconnect.com/benchmark.php.

3) does smartd info work through i20 ?

Yep it works. You could monitor each disk using the i2o_scsi module. AFAIK this isn't possible with dpt_i2o...

Best regards,

Markus Lidel ------------------------------------------ Markus Lidel (Senior IT Consultant)

Shadow Connect GmbH
Carl-Reisch-Weg 12