Re: Devices and permissions

Alain PORTAL wrote:

Hi all,

I should want to package a software which need access to /dev/ttyS? and /dev/parport?

By default, single user can't access to these devices.
Only root user can access them, only uucp group can access to /dev/ttyS? and lp group can access /dev/parport?

What should I do to allow the program to access these devices?

Regards

let the program run as user <myuser> put <myuser> in group lp and uucp in /etc/group