disable oss in gstreamer-plugins

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at apestaart.org
Sun Oct 17 10:23:59 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-10-16 at 22:11, Matias Féliciano wrote:
> From rom fedora-test-list : Kyrre Ness Sjobak :
>         Just wondering about something: Why does gnome volume control show both
>         alsa and oss mixers for the same device? When they anyway is sync'ed
>         with eachother, it seems a little bot no-point to me...
>
> I recompile gstreamer-plugins without oss support.

Please don't - the disease should be fixed, not the symptom.  For all
sorts of reasons people could be using oss, or ALSA/OSS on their
system.  If gnome-volume-control shows the same mixer twice, it needs to
be fixed in gnome-volume-control.  Don't remove functional plugins
please.

I'm so boring my clothes wanna keep
somebody else warm someone cooler