Re: disable oss in gstreamer-plugins

Le dimanche 17 octobre 2004 Ã 12:23 +0200, Thomas Vander Stichele a
Ãcrit :
> On Sat, 2004-10-16 at 22:11, Matias FÃliciano wrote:
> > From rom fedora-test-list : Kyrre Ness Sjobak :
> >         Just wondering about something: Why does gnome volume control show both
> >         alsa and oss mixers for the same device? When they anyway is sync'ed
> >         with eachother, it seems a little bot no-point to me...
> >
> > I recompile gstreamer-plugins without oss support.
>
> Please don't - the disease should be fixed, not the symptom.  For all
> sorts of reasons people could be using oss, or ALSA/OSS on their
> system.  If gnome-volume-control shows the same mixer twice, it needs to
> be fixed in gnome-volume-control.  Don't remove functional plugins
> please.

It's not up to me :-)

There is no OSS driver in FC3 (only OSS emulation (by alsa)).
Any application that use gstreamer-plugins can use Alsa. In fact, they
don't know if they are using OSS or alsa. They use gstreamer. Period.
OSS programs (by definition does not use gstreamer) are not impacted by
the suppression of OSS support in gstreamer.

aplay /usr/lib/ooo-1.1/share/gallery/sounds/cow.wav (alsa)
and
play /usr/lib/ooo-1.1/share/gallery/sounds/cow.wav (OSS)

work perfectly.