Re: Lock screen does not work for root in gnome

Luciano Miguel Ferreira Rocha wrote:

> No, I find the documentation dangerous.

Feel free to send me better words then.

> Why can't xscreensaver do that when run as root?

Because the right answer is "don't log in as root."  I'd rather not
waste my time making it *even easier* for people to have bad security
hygiene.

> If it sandboxes it self when it thinks it a necessity, then it should
> at least do it properly and fully.

In my estimation, it already does so.  If you'd like it to do more, send
me a patch.

--
Jamie Zawinski
jwz jwz org             http://www.jwz.org/