Re: Lock screen does not work for root in gnome

> > Well, I know that, but it works fine in KDE.
> > And if somebody insist to log in as root, it is even more dangerous that
> > he cannot lock the screen.
If logging in as root to a graphical session truly is a badthing(tm)
could one not argue that gnome/kde/yourfaviorite gui sessions should
be disabled for root by default? GUI admin tools are still available
from the application menu(s) in user sessions, along with all of the
cli goodness from a terminal + su -/sudo whatever.

(fully expecting to get my butt kicked for this suggestion)

--
Bests,
Jon