Web100 kernel patch on fedora stock kernels

Hi all,
Linux TCP/IP protocol stack is well built but it lacks a bit in performance.

To give you an idea, my box has a 10MBit connection to the internet, and if I try to transfer a file to a little lagged but high bandwidth host (50ms / 100MBit) this lack of optimization will begin showing.

Even if my link will permit to transfer from this host at about 900-1000KB/s I will get only 600-650KB/s. Even using windows tuned to broadband connection I will get 900KB/s.

This seems to be related to the tcp window scaling, and even if i try to tune the kernel related parameters (receive/send buffer) logging the traffic the tcp window seems to be left too small for this transfers.

Web100 (www.web100.org) is a project that has solved this issue creating a patch that will tune every tcp/ip connection to get the best performance.

I hope this patch will be inserted in the fedora stock kernels.

Regards,
Angelo