Paralell startup

Paul P Komkoff Jr i at stingr.net
Tue Oct 19 20:51:04 UTC 2004

Replying to Kyrre Ness Sjobak:
> I am hearing much good from the gentoo camp about paralell startup, and
> how it brings down boot times to about 30 secounds. Is this possible to
> do with fedora as well?

Gentoo, instead of numeric order of service startup which we have in
fedora, implements service dependencies. With dependencies it is pure
implementation detail to have system startup in parallel.

I doubt if anyone with @redhat.com suffix will consider reworking
initscripts to mind service dependencies ...

--
Paul P 'Stingray' Komkoff Jr // http://stingr.net/key <- my pgp key
 This message represents the official view of the voices in my head