Parallel Shutdown (was Re: Paralell startup)

On Thursday 21 October 2004 01:45, Kyrre Ness Sjobak wrote:
> But really not hi-pri either...

No.

Shutdown can be made much faster then it is right now.  Most processes
take a normal SIGINT (killall, pkill) and it will clean up.  But,
currently, we reload all the scripts, all the configuration, delete pid
files, etc. and wait for each and every daemon to say OK before we go
to the next.  And, the funny thing is we just SIGINT and SIGKILL at the
end: rc0.d/S00killall, rc6.d/S00killall.

--
-jeff