Re: Lock screen does not work for root in gnome

> Yes, I understand why root can log in in this scenario, on a technical
> level.  I'm questioning its usefulness.

You're questioning the usefulness of root logging in from the console?

If I go to a users machine that has hosed up b/c something went stupid
with a network driver, I'd like to be able to login. drop the device,
bring it back up and not have to reboot the machine.

> You expect normal users in an LDAP setup to be able to debug their
> network adapter?  And for sysadmins to want to give them the root
> password just for this scenario in the first place?

I was arguing against what I _thought_ I read, which was getting rid of
ALL root logins. Including tty.

-sv