Official list of major problems

Richard Li richardl at redhat.com
Fri Oct 22 18:31:17 UTC 2004

>These faqs are useful, nice and good. But why are spread over the whole
>world. As I said, if I don't find a solution in the CENTRAL location, I

Wouldn't listing the common problems be a denormalization of what's
already in Bugzilla?

Not to mention that you have the problem of defining what "common" and
"problem" are. As already noted in this thread, what one person
perceives as a problem might not be perceived by another as a problem.
And what's "common"? Define it too narrowly, and your list isn't useful
to most people. Define it too broadly, then people have to search, and
they might as well start going to Bugzilla then.

I don't think it's a bad idea, but I think it would take time for
someone to do...

So, do you have any suggestions as to guidelines on what would go in
such a document, and who/how it would get maintained? What's the
relationship between this document and the release notes?

Richard