Services and scripts at boot time

Kyrre Ness Sjobak kyrre at solution-forge.net
Wed Oct 27 13:58:30 UTC 2004

ons, 27.10.2004 kl. 15.14 skrev Lorenzo Luconi Trombacchi:
> Why these scripts/services are default executed/activated at boot time
> after Core installation?
>
> - pcmcia: also executed when pcmcia is not present
	Possible to detect yenta-socket?
> - isdn: also executed when isdn is not present
	Should only start if ISDN has been activated in system-config-network
> - mdmonitor: activated without RAID partitions
	Sure, just disable it when it isn't neccessary
> - rhnsd: Fedora Core users use RHN for manage/update packages?
	Kill, kill, kill!
> - NFS/RPC: activated/executed many scripts about NFS... If I am an NFS
> user I think I can activate some scripts/services at boot time.
	Just *PLEASE* document things in system-config-services! Some of this
nfs stuff is unfigurable. What is needed for what?
> - cpuspeed: many CPUs (like AthlonXP and other) don't support cpuspeed
	cat /proc/cpuinfo etc... A whitelist would be nice here