Services and scripts at boot time

Michael Kearey mkearey at redhat.com
Thu Oct 28 00:47:10 UTC 2004

Kyrre Ness Sjobak wrote:
> ons, 27.10.2004 kl. 15.14 skrev Lorenzo Luconi Trombacchi:
>
>>Why these scripts/services are default executed/activated at boot time
>>after Core installation?
<snip>

>>- rhnsd: Fedora Core users use RHN for manage/update packages?
>
> 	Kill, kill, kill!

The rhnsd daemon does not actually start AFAIK.

See if there is a daemon running ?

ps ax |grep rhnsd

shows nothing on my Fedora Core 2 system. Looking at the init.d script
for rhnsd /etc/init.d/rhnsd , look for '# Sanity Checks'. You will see
that if rhnsd is not found or /etc/sysconfig/rhn/systemid is not found
the rhnsd init script silently excites.

Surely that's nothing to kill over ;)

Cheers,
Michael