Re: sound server

Havoc Pennington (hp redhat com) said:
> Do we have any comments on the sound server topic from a broader
> perspective than only GNOME?
>
> A competing proposal I've heard is to just use ALSA directly.

Well, you'd need to set up ALSA to use dmix first. Once you do
that, native ALSA usage could work.

There's also jack, arts, and other mixers of that sort. Note
that mixing jack and polypaudio doesn't look like it will work
right.

The fact that polypaudio's client API/ABI hasn't actually stablized
at an initial version is worrisome.

Bill