Re: FC3 rpm behavior change

Rex Dieter wrote:

So we've got a reply from an @redhat.com that says how to avoid the
behavior.

I have to agree with the consensus shown here that this change in default behavior is, to put in mildly, *just plain stupid*. Please, please revert to previous, proper behavior, and force folks who insist on this broken behavior to use
rpm --replacefiles

Has anyone bothered to submit anything to bugzilla yet? (If not, I'd be happy to).
Please do. It might just be that. A bug.

--
Nils O. Selåsdal
www.utelsystems.com