Re: FC3 rpm behavior change

On Oct 30, 2004, Michael Schwendt <fedora wir-sind-cool org> wrote:

> Including myself. ;)  My updates from rawhide were not fresh enough.
> And honestly, changing RPM's behaviour in such a way after Test3 is a
> very questionable decision.

Personally, I don't like the change either.  That said, I don't think
the change was made after the freeze.  I think it was only documented
after the freeze, just because that's the time when people get
together to figure out what should have been in the test release notes
all along but wasn't.  If anything, kudos for documenting such a big
and controversial change so openly.  I hope it's eventually reverted,
but, meanwhile, people at least know what to add to their rpmrc files
to get the old behavior back.