Re: FC3 rpm behavior change

On Sun, 2004-10-31 at 09:36 -0500, Paul Iadonisi wrote:
>   I am a little surprised that a change with potentially serious
> negative consequences was never mentioned on fedora-test-list or
> fedora-devel-list, but only showed up just recently in the release notes
> so close to release of FC3.

I'm a little bit surprised that such a major change wasn't noticed until
it was documented.

>   Even though the actual change was made
> earlier in the cycle, no one noticed because of the nature of the
> change.

You're right, to notice such a change would require to test something,
to use rpm to install some packages, to break smth even. Maybe no one is
using rpm these days anymore ;)

I propose to completely remove rpm from repository ;-)

For more information please visit http://linux.bitdefender.com/