Strangest Bug Report...

Kyrre Ness Sjobak kyrre at solution-forge.net
Tue Sep 7 18:11:51 UTC 2004

tir, 07.09.2004 kl. 10.47 skrev Thomas Vander Stichele:
> Hi,
> > But.. gstreamer... That is the gnome audio/video framework, right?
>
> Nope.  It is a multimedia framework, yes, and it is adopted by GNOME,
> yes.  But it's not "the gnome framework".  It's actually on freedesktop
> atm.
>
> >  What
> > do you mean? Will (does) helix utilize gstreamer?
>
> It doesn't, and I'd be very surprised if it ever did.
>
> Incidentally, does anyone of the redhat guys know if helixplayer was put
> into fedora because of the realplayer contract for the redhat distros ?
>
> Thomas
>

> Dave/Dina : future TV today ! - http://www.davedina.org/
> <-*- thomas (dot) apestaart (dot) org -*->
> Well baby let me shake it
> If I can move it with you will you let me take it
> <-*- thomas (at) apestaart (dot) org -*->
> URGent, best radio on the net - 24/7 ! - http://urgent.fm/

OK.

Real are just geniuses...

*real is going to hell
<FOSS> Hey OpenSource it!
*real looks sad, and throws the whole thing to the Foss-comunity
*foss goes on and makes a good player and a new video codec
*real takes thing back, thanks, and releases a good player (not
mentioning the properitary real codecs
*everybody wins: Real gets a "framework" for nothing, Foss gets
(another) multimedia-player - which hasn't got any patent problems
THE END