Re: rawhide report: 20050405 changes

On Apr 5, 2005 11:04 AM, Daniel Veillard <veillard redhat com> wrote:
>   libxml2 is part of Fedora Core, celement tree wasn't part of Fedora Core.
> We removed other components of Fedora Core because they were duplicate,
> you're adding a new duplicate library in core, I don't think aesthetic
> consideration are really worth it.

Are there examples of duplication at the library/module level that has
been removed from Core that have caused other Core components to
require different dependancies? I don't think I'm aware of an example
of this type. I can only point to examples of removed duplication at
the application level, where whole applications were removed and then
libraries/modules that were only required by the removed application.

-jef