[RFC] making release notes a community effort

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at redhat.com
Thu Apr 7 13:46:44 UTC 2005

Hi

>I'd love to see a docs RPM, even as part of Extras.

no promises but I intend to work on this along with packaging other LDP
docs

>For the moment, the release notes audience is people just like ourselves
>-- developers and system administrators who need to know nitty-gritty
>details about what is new in the release/test.
>
>- Karsten

It might actually help better if you have a more end user targetted
release notes equivalent similar to what Gnome does for example. There
was a introduction to FC3 in Red Hat magazine that was close enough to
what I am talking about here

regards
Rahul