rawhide report: 20050413 changes

Tim Waugh twaugh at redhat.com
Wed Apr 13 13:32:23 UTC 2005

On Wed, Apr 13, 2005 at 08:24:03AM -0500, Justin Conover wrote:

> How do you just remove one version

rpm -e cups-1.1.23-14

> and why didn't yum handle that by default,

No idea.

> is there some libs that require the old one.

No, unless you also have older versions of other packages installed.

> Can you explain all of those "extra" deps too?  I don't remember the
> last time I printed from rhythmbox or sound-juicer... ;-)   What am I
> missing?

rhythmbox requires eel2
eel2 requires librsvg2
librsvg2 requires libgnomeprintui22
libgnomeprintui22 requires libgnomeprint22
libgnomeprint22 requires libgnomecups
libgnomecups requires cups

I think the last one is probably the incorrect one -- surely
libgnomecups only requires the cups-libs package to function, not a
CUPS scheduler to talk to (although that would make it more useful!).

Tim.
*/