fedora/390

Geoff O'Callaghan geoffocal at optushome.com.au
Thu Apr 14 00:07:24 UTC 2005

Howdy,

Just thought I'd drop you guys a note so say that I've managed to get a
Fedora (rawhide) s/390 system up and running.  The installer has a few
issues that I'll put through into bugzilla and there are of course a few
interesting quirks with the kernel being compiled with gcc4.  But I'm
running what I believe is the latest kernel (I re-built it from the srpm
as it isn't available in rawhide most likely due to the 'quirks' I
mentioned earlier :-) )

uname -a
Linux slayer.starbiz.com.au 2.6.11-1.1233_FC4

It's been an interesting exercise so hopefully I can now work to address
any bugs / issues I find

-goc-