livna & fedora.us MLs / Solving dependencies...

Rakotomandimby (R12y) Mihamina mihamina at mail.rktmb.org
Sun Apr 17 10:38:38 UTC 2005

Hello,

I have a Fedora Core 3 I try to maitain "official": I mean I try to made
minimum use of Livna/Fedora.us repositories. I maily use Fedora Core
repositories, using yum (never apt).

I made an update of my FC3 with only the Core 3 [stable only]
repositories.
Then I added Livna [stable and devel]+Fedora.us and "Fedora extras"
repositories to have mplayer and mldonkey-server.

I encounter a problem when trying to install mldonkey via yum, due to an
openssl lib that is used by many programs and cant be replaced.

How to manage it? What information have I got to look for to solve it?

Here I give you the results of My actions:

============= yum.conf ===============
[main]
cachedir=/var/cache/yum
debuglevel=2
logfile=/var/log/yum.log
pkgpolicy=newest
distroverpkg=redhat-release
tolerant=1
exactarch=1
retries=20
exclude=openss*

[Base]
name=Fedora Core $releasever - $basearch - Base
baseurl=ftp://ftp.univ-
pau.fr/pub/mirrors/fedora/$releasever/$basearch/os/

ftp://ftp.crihan.fr/mirrors/fedora.redhat.com/fedora/linux/core/$releasever/$basearch/os/
        ftp://ftp.cru.fr/pub/linux/fedora/core/$releasever/$basearch/os/
        ftp://ftp.tu-chemnitz.de/pub/linux/fedora-
core/$releasever/$basearch/os/

[updates-released]
name=Fedora Core $releasever - $basearch - Released Updates
baseurl=ftp://ftp.univ-
pau.fr/pub/mirrors/fedora/updates/$releasever/$basearch/

ftp://ftp.crihan.fr/mirrors/fedora.redhat.com/fedora/linux/core/updates/$releasever/$basearch/

ftp://ftp.cru.fr/pub/linux/fedora/core/updates/$releasever/$basearch/
        ftp://ftp.tu-chemnitz.de/pub/linux/fedora-
core/updates/$releasever/$basearch/

[extras]
name=Fedora Extras - $releasever - $basearch
baseurl=http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/extras/$releasever/$basearch/

[extras-debug]
name=Fedora Extras - $releasever - $basearch - Debugging packages
baseurl=http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/extras/$releasever/$basearch/debug/

### See http://www.fedora.us/wiki/FedoraSources
### And insert here the fedora.us repository configuration

[fedora-us-3-updates]
name=Fedora Core 3 Updates -- Fedora US mirror
baseurl=ftp://sunsite.mff.cuni.cz/pub/fedora.us/fedora/fedora/$releasever/$basearch/RPMS.updates

[fedora-us-3-extras]
name=Fedora Extras for Fedora Core 3 -- Fedora US mirror
baseurl=ftp://sunsite.mff.cuni.cz/pub/fedora.us/fedora/fedora/$releasever/$basearch/RPMS.extras

[fedora-us-3-updates-testing]
name=Fedora Core 3 Test Updates -- Fedora US mirror
baseurl=ftp://sunsite.mff.cuni.cz/pub/fedora.us/fedora/fedora/$releasever/$basearch/RPMS.updates-testing

### And then add these lines to access rpm.livna.org repositories:
[livna-stable]
name=Livna.org Fedora Compatible Packages (stable)
baseurl= http://rpm.livna.org/fedora/$releasever/$basearch/RPMS.stable
gpgcheck=0

[livna-unstable]
name=Livna.org Fedora Compatible Packages (unstable)
baseurl=http://rpm.livna.org/fedora/$releasever/$basearch/RPMS.unstable
gpgcheck=0

[livna-testing]
name=Livna.org Fedora Compatible Packages (testing)
baseurl=http://rpm.livna.org/fedora/$releasever/$basearch/RPMS.testing
gpgcheck=0

[updates-testing]
name=Fedora Core $releasever - $basearch - Unreleased Updates
baseurl=http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/updates/testing/$releasever/$basearch/

[development]
name=Fedora Core $releasever - Development Tree
baseurl=http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/development/$basearch/

--
Get a fully managed dedicated server for €200/month ($257/month)
No time limit for taking care of your server.