Re: Fedora Core 4 test3 freeze warning

On Thu, 2005-04-21 at 18:55 +0300, Marius Andreiana wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-04-21 at 11:43 -0400, Matthew Miller wrote:
> > I think it'd be
> > good to have a "bugzilla gardener" position -- someone who's job it is to
> > deal with that sort of thing. (Thankless maybe, but important.)

Fedora Triage. There's been a thread on this before, please refer to the
list archives

> OOo has this and I participated in QA. Initial reports are UNCONFIRMED,
> they are marked NEW by a QA person after replicating or after getting
> needed details from reporter or if it's a good enhancement and after
> checking for duplicates etc.

Yes, and so have I. But keep in view that OOo is an office suite, and
being a bug master is comparatively easier than doing it for a
distribution (weird hardware, weird combinations of whats around,

> But fedora is different, it's a complete operating system running on
> various hardware and some bugs will only happen to reporters.

Exactly. And lots of things are over the head of lots of people in
Colin Charles, byte aeon com my
then you win." -- Mohandas Gandhi