Fedora Internationalization: Hacked by Chinese?

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Thu Aug 4 13:38:27 UTC 2005

Once upon a time, Jeff Spaleta <jspaleta at gmail.com> said:
> The decision was made in the context of rhl and rhel when fedora
> wasn't even a glimmer in anyone's beer yet. So how about you look at
> the decision to pull the flags and the decision to make the bug report
> private in the correct context for the timeframe when those original
> decisions were made...before this was a community project.

Well, if a new bug was closed as a dupe of an old (private) bug, it
pulls the old bug up to the present, implying it is relevant to Fedora
(but we can't see because it is a private bug).

It would be nice if public bugs were not closed as dupes of private bugs
(except for security bugs that should only be private for a short time).
If RH wants to do that for RHEL, that is their business, but I'd say it
is a bad idea for Fedora.

--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>