rawhide report: 20050807 changes

Dave Jones davej at redhat.com
Mon Aug 8 03:11:12 UTC 2005

On Mon, Aug 08, 2005 at 10:41:49AM +1000, Rodd Clarkson wrote:
 > On Sun, 2005-08-07 at 07:24 -0400, Build System wrote:
 >
 > > kernel-2.6.12-1.1455_FC5
 > > ------------------------
 > > * Sat Aug 06 2005 Dave Jones <davej at redhat.com>
 > > - 2.6.13-rc5-git4
 >
 > A warning about not being able to find my sound card driver appears and
 > says to have a look in dmesg.
 >
 > dmesg reports:
 >
 > snd_intel8x0: Unknown parameter `'
 > snd_intel8x0: Unknown parameter `'
 > snd_intel8x0: Unknown parameter `'

Ok, I dropped the patch which reverted a check added upstream
circa 2.6.11, which does that when it finds an obsolete
module parameter, hoping that things had improved to the point
we didn't need it any more.

Whilst it may be fine for new installs, this is likely to
screw things up on upgrades. *sigh*.
I'll re-add it for the next build. (Though it probably
won't make tomorrows build).

		Dave