Re: rawhide report: 20050807 changes

Arjan van de Ven wrote:
On Mon, 2005-08-08 at 00:38 -0400, Dave Jones wrote:
The fact that it reports the unknown param as `' is disconcerting.
ISTR that this change fell over if it met a modprobe.conf with
spaces at the end of a line. Can you check that yours hasn't
got any ? If that doesn't make the errors go away, post your
/etc/modprobe.conf, and I'll check the drivers to see which (if any)
of the params went away.

kudzu has a script to rename kernel modules in modprobe.conf if they change name that the kernel spec calls... maybe we should teach that script to remove trailing whitespace as well ;)

This only runs when you install a new kernel, so it's probably not the right answer :-)

On the other hand, having module-init-tools do some cleanup if that's what the kernel expects might make sense.

Jeremy