tomorrows rawhide kernel.

David Zeuthen david at fubar.dk
Sat Aug 13 20:18:00 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-08-12 at 23:57 -0400, Dave Jones wrote:
> As the rawhide kernel has been pretty boring and uneventful
> so far, this last day or two, Jeremy Katz and I managed to
> beat suspend to disk support into shape.

This works nicely for me on a IBM Thinkpad T41 (even from within X) but
not so nice on my 12" Powerbook G4.

So, digging into the issue it appears that CONFIG_SOFTWARE_SUSPEND is
not set on ppc kernels... I've seem to read somewhere that swsup is
supposed to work on ppc (since it's basically all in software), any
chance that a) this is true; and b) we can get the same user experience
on ppc?

Very nice work nonetheless. Thanks.

Cheers,
David