Idea for packing of FC5 DVD

Rodd Clarkson rodd at clarkson.id.au
Tue Aug 16 12:39:28 UTC 2005

I've just spent an evening trying to install FC4 onto a system without a
DVD drive when the only copy of FC4 I've got is the DVD edition.

Which got me to thinking...

How hard would it be to include a script (or application) on DVD
versions of FC that would allow you to create the various CD's that FC
alternatively comes on.  So, taking FC4 for example, the DVD replaces 4
CDs, so the script could be used to produce these CDs from the contents
of the DVD.

This would be a very attractive way to grab FC.  Grab the DVD (which is
most cases is fine) and if you need to use the CDs then you can produce
them from the DVD rather than having to download them.

Thoughts???

Rodd
 It's much better on my side"