HelixPlayer and snd-atiixp

Michel Alexandre Salim msalim at cs.indiana.edu
Fri Aug 19 20:27:01 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-08-19 at 21:08 +0200, Matthias Saou wrote:
> Michel Alexandre Salim wrote :
>
> > It would seem that the stable builds of Helix and RealPlayer both have
> > problems with the ALSA snd-atiixp driver - the sound would play for a
> > second, stutter and skip, play again, stutter again and so on.
> >
> > The good news is that the daily builds fix this - but for some reason
> > when I play back a Theora video there the colors become messed up.
> >
> > So the question is: is Fedora Core 5 planned to ship with Helix 1.0 or
> > the next stable version? If the former, could whatever changes have been
> > done in the development version to fix the sound problem be backported?
>
> ooooooooooooooh... someone out there actually uses HelixPlayer? :-D

If only to help bugfix RealPlayer, which I need to play BBC Radio
streams? (whatever happened to their Ogg Vorbis trials..)

Both Rawhide's 1.0.5.757 (experimental) and the latest stable build from
HelixCommunity (1.0.6.1112) have the stuttering problem. The latest
current build (1.1.0.1188) plays sound alright. All three have color
problems playing a Theora video, which funnily the Helix Player from FC4
plays fine.