GCC 4.1 for FC5?

Jakub Jelinek jakub at redhat.com
Mon Aug 22 14:46:36 UTC 2005

On Thu, Aug 18, 2005 at 07:16:39PM -0700, Anthony Green wrote:
> Are there plans to use GCC 4.1 in FC5 (assuming it ships on schedule)?

I think this depends mainly how the schedule for GCC 4.1 shapes up
(e.g. Mark's Status Report from yesterday says Stage3 is going to slip)
and how stable it will be when we start doing mass rebuild tests with it.

IMHO it is too early for the decision about FC5 base compiler version.
I certainly hope it will be GCC 4.1, but we should have doors open even
for GCC 4.0 if needed.

	Jakub